The SCiTec laboratory conducts tests to evaluate the properties of materials.
The characterization of the behavior of materials allows us to optimize both their application as well as the manufacturing processes of real components.
The study of new materials, or standard objects, and the improvement of their characteristics and applications is a competitive advantage for new and already established products.
Our tests include:
- Characterization and/or development of the qualification plan;
- Sample production;
- Design and manufacture of test devices;
- Complementary non-destructive testing;
- Mechanical tests (static and dynamic);
- Coating tests;
- Aging and corrosion tests;
- Characterization of welded joints.
Our technical team performs tests according to standards (ABNT, EN, ISO, ASTM, among others) or develops tests according to requirements specified by the client for any type of application.
Our features include:
- Chemical tests;
- Mechanical tests under different temperature and humidity conditions;
- Combined efforts;
- Fracture tenacity (KIC, CTOD, J-R);
- Crack propagation;
- Fatigue (S-N and ε-N curves);
- Stress corrosion;
- Charpy Impact;
- Preparation and analysis of metallographic samples;
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM).