Corrosion tests performed by SCiTec cover a wide range of applications, using material engineering, instrumentation, consulting and field testing to meet customer needs.
The laboratory aims to solve and prevent problems related to corrosion of structures, products, materials and fault analysis.
Our service covers:
- Evaluation of protection and coating systems in materials (nature, thickness, uniformity, adhesion, corrosion resistance and accelerated aging)
- Custom test plan design and implementation
- Analysis of results
- Failure analysis
We perform standardized corrosion tests according to national and international standards, as well as tests according to industry or specific standards (automotive, construction, aeronautics, oil & gas, among others).
Our features include:
- Tests of materials and coatings (metal and polymer)
- Physical characterization tests for coatings of thickness, uniformity, adhesion and hardness
- Corrosion and accelerated aging tests
- Salt spray test
- Environmental corrosion testing in H2S-rich solution
- Testing of materials for API qualification
- NACE tests
- Stress corrosion tests