Physical & Mechanical Porperties
SCiTec Laboratory performs tests to evaluate material properties. The characterization of their behavior allows us to optimize both their application as well as the actual component manufacturing processes.
The study of new or standard materials and the improvement of their features and applications is a competitive advantage for both, new products and existing products.
Our materials characterization and testing service covers:
- Characterization and/or qualification plan design
- Manufacturing of specimens
- Test tool design and manufacture
- Complementary NDT during destructive tests
- Mechanical tests (static and dynamic)
- Coatings tests
- Aging and corrosion tests
- Characterization of welded joints
Our technical team performs standard tests (ABNT, EN, ISO, ASTM, among others.) or tests designed according to the client’s specific regulations for any type of application. We test both, standard materials and materials for advanced applications.
Our testing capabilities include:
- Chemical tests
- Mechanical tests under different temperature and humidity conditions
- Combined efforts
- Fracture toughness (KIC, CTOD, J-R)
- Crack propagation
- Fatigue (S-N, ε-N curves)
- Stress corrosion)
- Preparation and microscopic examination of metallographic samples
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)